I wish there were community copies
Gentleman Bandit: Dark Highway
A downloadable game
A solo roleplaying game, both ghoulish and strange; an echo of the American Old West | A ghastly supplement to Gentleman Bandit
Don't miss Gentleman Pirate
A gay seafaring hack, inspired by Our Flag Means Death
They called you the Gentleman Bandit, because no one knew your name.
Now they call you nothing, lest they conjure you from the Grim Old Grave: your ossa, your white pate — every sinew in your Pen-and-Pistol hand a memory but still able, waiting for their Coward’s call, waiting to ride again.
In this writing-focused RPG, you are the eponymous Gentleman Bandit, a ne’er-do-well highwayman who, in life, left 13-line poems at the scenes of his misdeeds. Now, your spectral Bandit wanders the Desolation Beyond, still composing his dark verse to haunt and harry the World of the Living.
- Card draws guide the content of each line so you can tell your Bandit’s tale with dark and anguished aplomb. Tips for writing in character — and setting an ominous mood — help you express your Bandit’s Life-After-Life.
- Dice rolls determine poetic device add-ons to further shape the experience and ratchet the difficulty (rules included in the original Gentleman Bandit game).
- Rules for multiplayer versions — inspired by the Exquisite Corpse style of group poetry writing — are included in the original game for both in-room and online settings.
- A copy of Gentleman Bandit
- Writing implements of your choice
- A well-shuffled deck of 54 playing cards, Jokers intact
- One six-sided die (optional)
Mobile-ready PDF included. Layout and graphic design by John Harper, creator of Lasers & Feelings, Blades in the Dark, and AGON.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $3 USD. You will get access to the following files: